Monday, May 13, 2013

Carter among Astros to slug with pink bats


Before the authenticators could scoop up the cheap nfl jerseys pink bats that several of the Astros players used in Sunday’s loss to the Rangers, Astros slugger Chris Carter stealthily tucked one away at the top of his locker.
It was the one he used to hit a three-run homer in the eighth inning on Mother’s Day, and he plans to give it to his mother.
“It’s the first time I got one to swing, and I’m happy I cheap nike elite nfl jerseys got that and finally hit a home run for my mom,” Carter said. “She’s been asking every year and I finally got it.”
Astros players donned pink batting gloves, sweat bands and arm sleeves to create awareness for breast cancer research as Pink in the Park Week came to a close at Minute Maid Park. The chance to wear pink and raise cancer awareness hits close to home for outfielder Brandon Barnes.
“It’s huge for me,” he said. “My wife lost her mom to Cheap Nike Baltimore Ravens Jerseys breast Wholesale Jerseys cancer, and for me to be able to show our support and our love, it’s nice. I know mom’s watching on TV or just getting to see the pictures will think it’s special.”
All-Star second baseman Jose Altuve was finally able to swing a pink bat.
“That’s the first time, because last year on Mother’s Day, I didn’t play,” he said. “I was on the bench.”
Louisville Slugger and MLB first introduced the pink bat program cheap jerseys on Mother’s Day in 2006. Game-used Louisville Slugger pink bats from Mother’s Day games will be auctioned exclusively on MLB.com to raise funds for the fight against breast cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment